New user

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
Martin_Young_(Guest)

New user

Post by Martin_Young_(Guest) » Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:15 am

Being a new user of report writer i found it very complex to understand. I have not used any other reporting tool before but i am resonably competant on a PC. ____Maybe more basic tutorials included as part of the package would help?____Also when you create a report you cannot place calculated fields across the top of a report this could be a useful addition to the package.____Part of my job is to provide complex reports where many tables are joined maybe this could be made easier by having a search facility where you could search for like fields?____

kfleming

=> RE: New user

Post by kfleming » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:12 am

You might want to look at the Relate and Report manual that is available for sale from us. It does provide step by step assistance with R&R and is geared towards beginning users.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Simon_Bray_(Guest)

=> RE: New user

Post by Simon_Bray_(Guest) » Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:04 pm

Whilst I would agree that R&R has many areas where it could be improved in terms of field name length, understanding how the report hangs together (if you ae picking up someone elses report) the one area I have always rated R&R way ahead of other reporting tools is in its simplicity and ability to get started quickly. I have user Crystal and Foxfire and have found both to be way more complex. ____Regards,__Simon Bray.