R&R SQL 9, field alignment Bug

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
ABessey

R&R SQL 9, field alignment Bug

Post by ABessey » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:03 am

I have had problems in Version 9 with the odd data field suddenly becoming shorter in length, and when clicked on shooting off to the left side of the screen where it wont let go of the margin. When looking at its properties I have found that the alignment is gone. IE no left/right or justify are selected and the field width had reduced usualy to 3 chars. When I widen the field and set alignment it returns to normal. Sometimes this will happen more than once with the same field in a session (Rare). ____Also a few days a go a report suddenly only printed the page header and little boxe characters below on a single line per page. The main group header had the above problem, this time the bug actualy prevented the rest of the page from printing and had me stumped for a few minutes until I systematicly deleted bandlines.____Any Ideas on this____Andrew Bessey__England____

kfleming

=> RE: R&R SQL 9, field alignment Bug

Post by kfleming » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:04 pm

What printer and operating system are you using?____And why was it raining so torrentially when I was out at Stonehenge today?____Kathleen__R&R Support____

Assignment Define

==> RE: R&R SQL 9, field alignment Bug

Post by Assignment Define » Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:06 am

I am Using Windows 2000 with an HP laserjet 8000N and R&R 9.09__Files are stored on a Novell Network____Also____I Just Bought Version 10 of R&R SQL/Xbase and am disapointed (to say the least) that it still does not support Multiple datasources using Microsoft SQL ODBC drivers. We have over 1000 tables spanning 6 or more SQL 7 databases (mainly on 1 server) and use R&R heavily to report on our data. Your last email on the subject to me said this is a bug and it will get sorted in new releases Quote____"This problem is a bug that we attempted to correct for Version 9 but__were__unsuccessful in completing the required design changes.__I will let you know as soon as a corrected release becomes available."____R&R Support Arpeggio 2 un patched was able to do this.______I will keep an eye out for the Alignment problem with the new version__to see if it crops up again.____Regards __Andrew Bessey__