R&R ver10

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
Roger_Sockwell_(Guest)

R&R ver10

Post by Roger_Sockwell_(Guest) » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:39 pm

We have had several users who just in the past week are getting a message when starting up R&R,, of :"no external IDs available". I always check the user list, and there are few or no users listed. I reinstalled for the user and it works again with no problems, yet.

kfleming

=> RE: R&R ver10

Post by kfleming » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:17 am

I am assuming that the error is "no available network user id".__This will occur if all serial numbers are in use or if the user cannot write to the .LIC license file.__Running the user management program and unlocking the serial number should correct the first situation.____Kathleen__R&R Support

StewartTes

==> RE: R&R ver10

Post by StewartTes » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:52 pm

>I am assuming that the error is "no available network user __>id". __>This will occur if all serial numbers are in use or if the __>user cannot write to the .LIC license file. __>Running the user management program and unlocking the serial __>number should correct the first situation. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____I am also getting the error "no network user id". And when I run the user management program, it show that all serial number are "in use", eventhough NO one is using the program! Can you explain why?____Thank You,__Noel Tabang__Methode Electronics, Inc.__708-457-4037

Audrey_Kauffman_(Guest)

===> RE: R&R ver10

Post by Audrey_Kauffman_(Guest) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:52 pm

If a user crashes the program while in R&R, the User Management tool does not automatically release the license that the user held before the crash occurred. Our experience is that the license has to be manually released using the User Management tool in this situation.