Use of RI_Outfile

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
Profix

Use of RI_Outfile

Post by Profix » Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:11 am

Hi,____I already asked this question before, but I cant find it anymore.____We are still using RR5.x but we want to use RR8.x or up for__all our customers.__We Can^t do it because there^s a difference between rr5 en rr8____When using rr5 and RI_Outfile is filled the result is always__a file with printercodes.__When using rr8 you only get a file when using the preview.____The reason why we do this is that we want something to do with this__file. __Print it to a queue. Add some embedded codes and fax it, or let it be a part of a xml structure and do something with this xml.____In my opinion this is a bug in rr8. I dont see a reason why this__behaviour is different.____Is there a solution for this??

kfleming

=> RE: Use of RI_Outfile

Post by kfleming » Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:06 am

In the Windows version if you set RI_PRINTER to P, your RI_OUTFILE will be a windows printer file.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Profix

==> RE: Use of RI_Outfile

Post by Profix » Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:42 am

Kathleen,____I already knew that.__In rr5 you dont have to the preview. In the win version I have to use the preview, but I don^t want to.____I just want to have the same behaviour as in rr5____When we don^t use the preview we now have to print to a win-printer__that Always prints to a file.__After that we have to examine that file and get the part (someway) we just created and make our own file. A lot of steps that we can avoid.____In my opinion it^s a bug . When I say go to a file, just let it go to a file. I really dont see a reason why this behaviour was implemented.____Regards,__Nico__

kfleming

===> RE: Use of RI_Outfile

Post by kfleming » Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:32 am

If RI_PRINTER is empty and there is an RI_OUTFILE, then output will go straight to that file and not to the preview window.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Profix

====> RE: Use of RI_Outfile

Post by Profix » Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:01 am

Thanks! ____An undocumented feature??____Nico...