WYSIWYG - Exporting

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
freitas

WYSIWYG - Exporting

Post by freitas » Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:31 pm

It would be nice to export to various files, TEXT in particular, in a WYSIWYG. The only way to get fields and headers to line up is to use a standard font such as Currier New. I use a lot of Arial 10 point fonts, which appear fine in the viewer, but do not line up when exporting to a text file.____Thanks

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

=> RE: WYSIWYG - Exporting

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:08 am

One way I^ve gotten around this is to create calculated fields for each specifically formatted line I wanted:____rather than lay these out on the band individually, __Name Addr1 Addr2 City ST ZIP____create a calculated field (for example):__AddrLine = Left(Name, 30) + " " + Left(Addr1, 15) + " " + Addr2 + Left(City, 10) + " " + ST + ZIP____Then put the calculated field on the report and export that instead. If you need a line for printing in a nice format, add a second band line of the same type, put in the values that you^d want to appear on the printed output, create a parameteRR field (i.e. OutDest [either P or F]) and set line logic on the band lines so that if a person wants printer-ready output, they choose "P" for the parameteRR and select "F" for a file.__