Creating something like RR-PDFs

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest)

Creating something like RR-PDFs

Post by Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest) » Wed Aug 08, 2001 4:24 am

Hi folks,____I have a suggestion that should (hopefully) be very simple to implement. I^d like to distribute report-data-combinations that look 100% like the original report. So far reports can be sent via email but they never look exactly like the original reports because they must be exported to http, rich-text, ....____Wouldn^t it be possible to create a new export filetype (e.g. .RRC) that contains the result set (in a compressed form) and the current report. When a file of this type is thrown at the runtime module, it should extract the report, make the contained result set the data source and start. Now that would be WAY COOL! Look at it as a PDF-file and think about the impact of this filetype on the internet document distribution.____I^ve tried using the PDF printer driver but the resulting files are way too big!____If you don^t think this is a good idea, I^d like to be able to substitute all file definitions stored in a report with a (matching) result table when calling the runtime module.____Kind regards,____Michael.____