Descend Function?

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
delphi

Descend Function?

Post by delphi » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:19 pm

Any possibiliy that a descend function can be added to the R&R functions list?____For each character in a string passed to the function, it would return the character value of zero minus the ordinal value of the original character -- its "descend" value.____We use a descend function in both Delphi and Clipper applications for many index tags, and to use R&R more effectively we would need to add another tag, in normal ascending order, in each compound index. There are too many to make this practical.__ ____

kfleming

=> RE: Descend Function?

Post by kfleming » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:45 pm

Anything is possible however I have to say that this is the first request that I have seen for this one.____Kathleen__R&R Support

delphi

==> RE: Descend Function?

Post by delphi » Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:11 am

Hmmm - that^s surprising. The descend function has been in Clipper since early on, and many have written their own versions in Delphi and C++ etc.____Also, I think Jeff Ward in San Antonio, had that request up here a year or so ago.____It is very useful for placing data in a most-recent-first order by date or sequence number, etc.____I could provide a prototype if needed?__