Duplex printing

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
Jaromir

Duplex printing

Post by Jaromir » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:10 pm

I am using R&R version 10. I have written a VB6 application to allow my users to select an R&R report, enter a list of parameters (such as start/end date) select a printer and launch the report. Works like a charm.____I use the API call (Function PrintDialog Lib "comdlg32.dll" Alias "PrintDlgA" (pPrintdlg As PRINTDLG_TYPE) As Long) to pop up the printer dialog and allow the user to select the printer, set other parameters such as number of copies. I then pass these parameters to R&R ie:__RRReport1.CopiesToPrinter = Printer.Copies (where Printer is the VB default printer object).____However, other properties of the Printer object, such as Printer.Duplex are not passed onto R&R since it appears that R&R once launched looks up the default values directly from the printer driver, and only susbtitutes those properties that are exposed through the RRReport1 interface.____Is there a way of setting printer properties, such as Duplex, so that R&R can pick them up?____Right now the user has to set the duplex option in the driver itself through the Control Panel/Printers and cannot modify it easily on a job by job basis.____Thanks, Jerry__

kfleming

=> RE: Duplex printing

Post by kfleming » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:14 pm

There is not currently a way to pass advanced printer properties to R&R.____Kathleen__R&R Support