Invalid Report File Type

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
Mike_Cutts

Invalid Report File Type

Post by Mike_Cutts » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:05 am

Hi,____I^ve just installed Rattle and I am getting the ^Invalid Report File Type^ error when trying to access it from a client. When I try and run a report from the server, it displays the control but fails to bring through any information. I have tried the following to troubleshoot the problem with no success (we use R&R over SQL):____Ensured that only one copy of both RSWRUN.EXE and RSRPT32.DLL is on the server__Registered RSWATL.DLL__Confirmed that the report can run via a conventional path__Verified that the runtime ActiveX component can be downloaded from the server__Tested several reports on both the server and client pc^s__Ensured that the Data Source for the report is in the System DSN section of ODBC__Confirmed that the Print to File box on the report print properties is unticked____The IUSR_<machinename> and IWAM_<machinename> users have:__RWXD access to the C:WindowsTemp folder__RX access to the Rattle installation folder__RX access to the folder where the reports are held____The Website is set to use only Anonymous access using the IUSR account for authentication.____The environment is:__Windows 2003 Server Std Edition__JDK 1.4.1__Tomcat 4____If anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated.____Thanks,____Mike.

Richard_Ward_(Guest)

=> RE: Invalid Report File Type

Post by Richard_Ward_(Guest) » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:32 am

Just wondering if anybody has had any luck with this. It seems to be a problem on Windows 2003 as I set the same environment up on my XP pro machine and it works OK.____Richard Ward__Software Support Engineer__Warwick International Computing Systems

kfleming

==> RE: Invalid Report File Type

Post by kfleming » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:31 am

My guess is that it has to be a permissioning problem on the webserver. I think that our guys have had similar problems so I will check with them to see if there are any suggestions.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Richard_Ward_(Guest)

===> RE: Invalid Report File Type

Post by Richard_Ward_(Guest) » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:50 am

Hi Kathleen,__Just wondering if you have found anything on this. We have one of our developers looking into this and he has said it isn^t a permissions problem as we added the IUSR_ and IWAM_ users to the local admin group and it still didn^t work.__If you have any other techincal documentation at all that might help us in the investigations here it would be apreciated.____Regards,____Richard Ward__Software Support Engineer__Warwick International Computing Systems__

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

====> RE: Invalid Report File Type

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:13 pm

I recently setup RattleRR on a Win2K server and had the same issue when I went to run the report. After a lot of frustration, I looked at the code in the RRSAMPLE and RSSAMPLE files and found that the createobject command was trying to instantiate the wrong object for the type that it was supposed to be. If you copied the structure from the sample ASPs provided with RattleRR, I^d check that first.

Richard_Ward_(Guest)

=====> RE: Invalid Report File Type

Post by Richard_Ward_(Guest) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:45 am

Hi Chris,__We had similar problems when we first started setting up Rattle, but the asp page we use now has been successfully deployed and used on windows 2000, its just the 2003 box its not working on.____Any other sugestions would be apreciated.____Regards,____Richard Ward__Software Support Engineer__Warwick International Computing Systems____