PDF Drivers

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
Dave_(Guest)

PDF Drivers

Post by Dave_(Guest) » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:19 pm

In using the OCX control to run a report that is trying to output to a PDF file (see code below), a user is getting the error: "Cannot match printer or port in control file."____I found this in the Help file:__"Note that runtime users must have the appropriate PDF driver files available and that they must have the system rights to allow them to install a printer. If not, the error message "Cannot match printer or port in control file" will be returned and the PDF file will not be created."____The user does have system rights to install printers, so the obvious question is what file(s) are we apparently missing in the distribution to allow a runtime user to run a report with a PDF destination?____RSReport1.ReportName = "MyReport.rsw" RSReport1.DataSource = "ProdDB" __RSReport1.Username = strUserID__RSReport1.Password = strPassword__RSReport1.Parameters(0) = "INSURED_KEY=" & LtrForeignKey__RSReport1.Parameters(1) = "ACTIVITY_KEY=" & lngActivityID_pk__RSReport1.Parameters(2) = "CUSTOM_MSG=" & LtrCustomMsg__ __RSReport1.Printer = "R&R PDF Export"__RSReport1.PrintFileName = strLetterPath & strFile__ __RSReport1.DisplayStatus = True__RSReport1.DisplayError = True__ __^Run the report__RSReport1.Action = 1________Thanks!

kfleming

=> RE: PDF Drivers

Post by kfleming » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:07 pm

The error does indicate that the driver has not been installed. Did the install files that I sent to you help?____Kathleen__R&R Support

dmack

==> RE: PDF Drivers

Post by dmack » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:40 am

I am creating an installation of a system that uses the run-time viewer to create PDF output. I am getting the "printer or port not found" exception. Can you tell me how I would know if I have the correct Drivers? Also, are these available on the Infinity installation media?____Thanks,____Richard Mack

kfleming

===> RE: PDF Drivers

Post by kfleming » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:28 pm

They are in the PDFFILES folder on the CD.____Kathleen__R&R Support

dmack

====> RE: PDF Drivers

Post by dmack » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:11 am

We are trying to install the PDF drivers for R&R Infinity V12 on a win2003 server. After the initial load of R&R we were getting the above error I reported. We forced a driver install from the CD and got the following errors.__The install.log says this __------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ __Printer setup failed __Error Code: 1930 __The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers. __------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ____The event viewer had this error message: __Kernel Mode Printer blocking policy is enabled. The attempt for R&R PDF Export to use a Kernel Mode driver failed. ____We have previously had this running on win2K server and this is the first time we have installed on Win2003. Are there PDF drivers for Win2003 that you can provide me?____Thanks for any help you can provide.____You can email me at dmack@chartersolutions.com

Mark_Fonseca_(Guest)

=====> RE: PDF Drivers

Post by Mark_Fonseca_(Guest) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:52 am

This may help - I sourced this from Google:____Error: _Kernel Mode Printer Blocking Policy is enabled___The reported event appears on Windows 2003 when the "Disallow installation of printers using kenel-mode drivers" option is ENABLED or NOT CONFIGURED. ____ ____To resolve the issue the user should DISABLE the policy option with the following steps on the Windows 2003 system: ____- Startmenu / Run... ____- type gpedit.msc and press ENTER ____- go to the Local Computer Policy / Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / Printers ____- right click on the Disallow installation of printers using kernel-mode drivers and choose the Properties submenuitem ____- set the DISABLE property to it and press OK ____ ____The next time the Terminal Server users log in the error will not appear. ____ ____Please note - Windows Update may reset this policy during security updates requiring the Terminal Server Administrator to manually change this setting back.______Mark Fonseca__3000AD Systems__www.3000ad.com.au____