Alaska Xbase++

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
anfi

Alaska Xbase++

Post by anfi » Fri Jun 08, 2001 4:01 am

I changed from clipper 5.3 to XBase++ Alaska Software http://www.alaska-software.com/, this is a native code compiler for migrating clipper apps to real windows 32bit. The compiler is excelent.____I use R&R since DOS version 4 for many years and now changed to version 8.1 and windows.____There is a problem using Alaska XBase CDX index files with R&R and I have to generate NDX index files on the fly befor calling R&R.____anfi

Nevzat_Kanbur_(Guest)

=> RE: Alaska Xbase++ CDX problems

Post by Nevzat_Kanbur_(Guest) » Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:48 pm

I currently use xbase++ v.1.3.__I have problems with cdx index files.____If I generate CDX files with FoxPro 2.x or CA-Clipper 5.3b and use R&R__8.1 or 9.009 I have no problem.__But When I generate CDX file with xbase++ R&R does not understand cdx file locking. I can not relate files. It dos not wor.____Why? Any help?____Bets Regards__Nevzat__

anfi

==> RE: Alaska Xbase++ CDX problems

Post by anfi » Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:44 am

>I currently use xbase++ v.1.3. __>I have problems with cdx index files. ____Using 1.5 and 1.7 wuth r&r 8.1____>But When I generate CDX file with xbase++ R&R does not __>understand cdx file locking. I can not relate files. It dos __>not wor. __>Why? Any help? ____We discussed this on the alaska support forum a year ago and took some investigation on this. I^m not really sure, but I think its because of the correlation table (dont kno if this is the correct translation, I mean the tabele witch is responsible for the crracter sorting).__I did not find any sollution for this, and index on NTX just before starting a R&R report. Thias is not nice...____anfi

EvGeniTNe85

=> RE: Alaska Xbase++

Post by EvGeniTNe85 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:36 pm

I have found if you insert the command:____ SET COLLATION TO ASCII____before you load the Fox engine, R&R reports will work with XBASE++ CDX indexes.____