Append records to Xbase export

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
adam

Append records to Xbase export

Post by adam » Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:25 am

I am a ver 10 R&R user. In Rapid Runner ver 2 that comes with it, there is an Xbase-Consolidate option for Destination (file export). This is a great feature that allows you to append records to an existing Xbase table rather than overwrite it. The crunch is, I am writing a Delphi app that calls the runtime through a control table. I need to use the consolidate option here too, but I cannot find the string needed to do this for the control table RI_PRINTER field. At the moment I put X in this field, but of course, the table is overwritten every time. Any ideas?__Any help would be much appreciated.____Adam

kfleming

=> RE: Append records to Xbase export

Post by kfleming » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:37 pm

There is no runtime equivalent for the Rapid Runner consolidation I am afraid. But behind the scenes there is a program called RRCONSOL.EXE that does the work. So you could export to DBF to create a temp file and then run RRCONSOL.EXE to append the temp file to the existing file.__To to add fileA to fileB you would use:__RRCONSOL.EXE fileA.dbf fileB.dbf____Note that you would need to make sure that the files have compatible structures for this to work correctly.____Kathleen__R&R Support

adam

==> RE: Append records to Xbase export

Post by adam » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:32 am

Thanks Kathleen.