R&R Runtime With Visual Basic 6

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
Karl_Lantzky_(Guest)

R&R Runtime With Visual Basic 6

Post by Karl_Lantzky_(Guest) » Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:46 pm

I am having difficulty deploying a simple application that uses the OCX. Every time I run the executable, I get an "automation error" with a very long number after it. I have double checked to see if all of the required files were included in the distribution and I have what I^m supposed to have.____The odd thing is, that when I double click the .RRW file, the viewer loads and runs the report without trouble. ____I have commented out the code that actually calls the report and replaced it with an execute call to the viewer and THAT works. This step seems to isolate the problem squarely with the OCX.____Has anyone else seen this behavior and are there any steps I can take to move forward?____Karl

kfleming

=> RE: R&R Runtime With Visual Basic 6

Post by kfleming » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:03 pm

What happens if you create an app using the control and add a button with just:__RRReport1.ReportName="Myreport.RRW"__RRReport1.Action=1____Does that work?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Karl_Lantzky_(Guest)

==> RE: R&R Runtime With Visual Basic 6

Post by Karl_Lantzky_(Guest) » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:21 pm

Thanks for the quick response.____The ocx does not have an .Action method directly but it does have an action parameter on the RunReport method, which is set to 1.____

Karl_Lantzky_(Guest)

==> RE: R&R Runtime With Visual Basic 6

Post by Karl_Lantzky_(Guest) » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:17 pm

Never mind!____We found the problem. It seems to be an un-handled error in the OCX. The situation that caused it, as we^ve been able to re-create, is when a report name specified within the control is invalid or does not exist. The program we wrote actually changed that name to a different report but when it came time to execute using the .RunReport(1), the invalid name somehow interferred and caused the __OCX to generate the "Automation Error"____