R&R prob lems with Clipper Apps

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
Mike_Gustine_(Guest)

R&R prob lems with Clipper Apps

Post by Mike_Gustine_(Guest) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:22 am

I have a problem that had plagued me ever since I started using R&R Report writer with Zachary. It doesn_t seem to matter what platform the program is running on or server type or any common thread. What is happening is that when a user goes to run a report, about half the time an error will come saying that RRWRUN.EXE has caused a problem and will shut down. Now, in all sites the Zach program and all R&R Files are on a server that everyone has full rights access to. Some servers (if you want to call them that) are running Windows 2000, or XP, or 98SE ( no comments please) and I even have one running on Novell 3.12. Does any one else have this problem and had found the solution??? Several of my clients are not happy, REALLY Not happy!!! Someone please help!!!! Thanks Mike__mikedg@hotmail.com__

kfleming

=> RE: R&R prob lems with Clipper Apps

Post by kfleming » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:41 am

What version of R&R are you using?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Charles_Morris_(Guest)

=> RE: R&R problems with Clipper Apps

Post by Charles_Morris_(Guest) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:10 am

Mike;__I had the same problem, but solved it by putting the line PDFDRIVER = 0 in the defaults section of rrw.ini & rsw.ini located in the windows or winnt folder. I have also set Librarian = off. Also, I discovered that AD2 or Zachary combined with R&R version 10.xxx and XP do not play well together. You may want to make sure you have the latest upgrade. Also, I use a control table for all my reports. Hope this helps. Next time you talk to Rich Hamilton, say hey for me.____Good luck;__Chas