Rapid Runner Report Problem

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
Dave_(Guest)

Rapid Runner Report Problem

Post by Dave_(Guest) » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:14 am

I^ve got a report set of 7 different reports in RapidRunner (version 2.1) that all run against a SQL Server 2000 database via an ODBC connection. One of those reports stopped running a few weeks ago and showing the following message in the log:____!! Report could not complete: DB access: The connection, statement, or query handle you provided is not valid. ____I can run this report without any problems when I am in the R&R Report Designer (version 11). The Rapid Runner settings for this report all look correct... it^s using the same ODBC data source and proper login/password.____Any ideas why this one report would suddenly stop working in Rapid Runner when it still runs fine in R&R itself? Thanks__

kfleming

=> RE: Rapid Runner Report Problem

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:16 am

What happens if you double click execute rswrun.exe and run the report or create a new set with this report?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Dave_(Guest)

==> RE: Rapid Runner Report Problem

Post by Dave_(Guest) » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:20 pm

If I run the report by double-clicking RSWRUN.exe or by creating a new Rapid Runner set, it runs fine. So for now, I just scheduled a second report set that includes just this one report and deleted it from the original report set. Interestingly, I already tried deleting the report from the original report set and re-adding it and it still would not run in that configuration. Obviously, something in the original report set has become a little flaky but at least I^ve got a workaround. Thanks____Dave