Software applications and R&R

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
kfleming

Software applications and R&R

Post by kfleming » Fri Mar 30, 2001 12:40 pm

We know that R&R is used by a wide variety of users so we are trying to collect a list of the software applications that are being used with R&R so that we can publish that list to our web site.____If you are using R&R with a commercially available application, we would welcome your input on the name and vendor of the application as well as anything that you would like to share on using R&R with that application.____Hopefully this will help users to connect with other users of the same application and share R&R knowledge.__Maybe you have written a custom data dictionary for the application or have a report that you now could not live without!__Or maybe you have questions that you think another application user might be able to answer.____Does you application come bundled with Crystal but you are sticking with R&R? Here is your chance to speak up and help to bring the database reporting world back to its roots.____We were first and we still are the best!____Thanks.____Kathleen__R&R Support____

jwwaterman

=> RE: Software applications and R&R

Post by jwwaterman » Sat May 05, 2001 9:27 am

I am just preparing to use it with db2k. I^ve used R&R for a number of years with dos versions of dBase and am now upgrading some of my older applications. I especially appreciate the conversion utility as this has saved me countless hours udating reports written in earlier versions of R&R.__John

Sylesh_Charan_(Guest)

Post by Sylesh_Charan_(Guest) » Tue May 08, 2001 8:43 pm

I use R&R with Micros Fidelio Sales and Catering software.

Dai_Darkin_(Guest)

Post by Dai_Darkin_(Guest) » Thu May 10, 2001 6:48 am

We^ve used R&R for many years with a DOS LIMS application (Lab Information Management System), however, when the software was rewritten for Windows using CA Visual Objects, we had to use a different and inferior report writer because R&R did not support page x of y annotation - this is essential for generating reports in a regulated industry i.e environmental and pharmaceutical labs. Crystal supports this feature but we would much prefer to use R&R. Any chance that this feature will be supported in future?

kfleming

==> RE: Software applications and R&R

Post by kfleming » Tue May 15, 2001 4:52 am

Page x of y functionality has been added to R&R Version 9.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Leon_Wiser_(Guest)

Post by Leon_Wiser_(Guest) » Tue May 29, 2001 3:20 pm

Currently we are selling a Human Resource software package, Humanic HRMS, with your R&R report writer bundled with the package. Unfotunately most of our current sales have been looking for a web-based reporting tool to work in conjunction with our product so we have been forced to sell Oracle Discoverer. I would appreciate a call and/or email communication back to me so we can discuss our use of your application further with our product. Thanks!__Leon

DLevin

==> RE: Software applications and R&R

Post by DLevin » Thu Jun 07, 2001 5:23 pm

I spoke with Frank Cancro at Humanic today about upgrading all of their installations with R&R V9. Read our description on the web site and call him and tell him you want it. That will help us both.____R&R has and does support reporting on the web. We did a project for a firm in Atlanta and it^s easier that most people think. You don^t develop the reports on the web, but the results can be delivered over the web with dynamic passing of parameters from the web page, including passwords, ranges of dates, etc.____A white paper on this topic will be posted in conjunction with our V9 release.____Dan Levin__President__800-936-6202 x201

Jeff_Barefoot_(Guest)

Post by Jeff_Barefoot_(Guest) » Tue Oct 16, 2001 3:38 pm

We are a VAR for Best Software^s Abra Suite HR and Payroll system. Abra includes a free copy of R&R.____We write software and use R&R Runtime as our reporting engine.

Bytes_Boys_(Guest)

Post by Bytes_Boys_(Guest) » Wed Apr 17, 2002 8:49 am

Hi,__I use R&R with Clarion for Windows__Guy__

FinleyMa

Post by FinleyMa » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:28 am

How do you hook R&R up to a Clarion DB