Unable to pass in parameters to RR

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
Dee_(Guest)

Unable to pass in parameters to RR

Post by Dee_(Guest) » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:17 am

Hi,____I^ve been facing problems trying to pass my parameters to the Report Viewer. In ASP, I have this to run the report:_____rr.filterUsage = 0___rr.username = ContsUsrName___rr.password = ContsPsw____rr.parameters("rrID") = trim(txtID)___rr.parameters("rrStartDt") = trim(txtStartDt)___rr.parameters("rrEndDt") = trim(txtrrEndDt)____But no parameters are passed to the report. I only have a blank report with the Title, Summary and Footer. __In my report, I have the following:_____rrPStartDt = CTOD(RIPARAM("rrStartDt")) ___rrPEndDt = CTOD(RIPARAM("rrEndDt")) ___rrPID = VAL(RIPARAM("rrID")) ____And my filter is:_____Date is is greater or equal than rrPStartDt ___and rDate is is less or equal than rrPEndDt___and ID is equal to rrPID____I^m not sure where I^ve gone wrong in this. Am I missing something here? Please help. Thanks.

kfleming

=> Unable to pass in parameters to RR

Post by kfleming » Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:54 am

Try setting filterusage to 1 and then using filter for each of the query components one at a time to see if you get records.__What you are seeing looks like no records are being found that meet the saved filter condition.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Dee_(Guest)

==> RE: Unable to pass in para to RR

Post by Dee_(Guest) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:53 pm

Thanks for your help. I tried setting the filterusage like you suggested, and the results are random. Sometimes it loads a blank screen (which slows down the server considerably or kills it), and sometimes it loads the empty report. Out of 3 parameters, only 1 is passed through, which is the ID. The dates do not appear at all.____I^m stuck. I^ve followed the syntax to the letter and it still doesn^t run. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks again.____

kfleming

===> RE: Unable to pass in para to RR

Post by kfleming » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:45 pm

That seems really strange...__Is it just this one report that is problematic?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Dee_(Guest)

====> RE: Unable to pass in para to RR

Post by Dee_(Guest) » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:54 pm

Sorry for the late reply. We^ve figured it out. ____When I used this:__VAL(RIPARAM("rrID") ____The VAL() function changed the ID format to 2 decimal points, and so the ID couldn^t be used in the filter which was expecting a round number. I adjusted the properties of the ID and it works now.____Thanks for all your help and advice.________

Dee_(Guest)

=====> RE: Unable to pass in para to RR

Post by Dee_(Guest) » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:54 pm

BTW, it affected all my reports since I used VAL() for all of it.