Unable to run in Report Viewer

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
WP_(Guest)

Unable to run in Report Viewer

Post by WP_(Guest) » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:17 am

i have a report which i^d pick 2 dates from the asp page and with the dates, retrieve all records which is dated between them. in the report, i have 2 parameterRR field ^StartDt^ and ^EndDt^ both value defaulted to ^{01/01/1999}^. i have also defined 2 calculated field RIPARAM() for each of the parameter fields. the Db table is filtered by a calculated field ^rDat^ which contains ^TODATE(Dat)^. TODATE() is used because ^Dat^ is of datetime datatype - and i need to only compare the date. the report runs fine when i run it, but i can^t seem to get the report to run in Report Viewer when i call it from the asp page.

kfleming

=> RE: Unable to run in Report Viewer

Post by kfleming » Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:47 am

In the report your calculated field expressions need to be:__CTOD(RIPARAM("StartDT"))__CTOD(RIPARAM("EndDT"))__You then use these calculated fields in the filter to compare them to rdat.______In your RattleRR ASP page you then set:__rr.parameters("StartDT")="01/01/2001"__rr.parameters("EndDT")="12/31/2001"____And when the report is run it will query for records between the start and end dates.____Kathleen__R&R Support

WP_(Guest)

==> RE: Unable to run in Report Viewer

Post by WP_(Guest) » Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:19 am

Thanks for the help. ____I am now able to pass the dates into the report and view it from the Report Viewer. However, i realise that the records are not filtered by the dates. It listed out all the records disregarding whether they are between the dates passed in.____Filter:__rDat is less than or equal to rED__and rDat is greater than or equal to rSD____where rED - CTOD(RIPARAM("EndDt")) and rSD - CTOD(RIPARAM("StartDt"))____Am i missing out something which lead to this result?____WP.__

kfleming

===> RE: Unable to run in Report Viewer

Post by kfleming » Fri Sep 27, 2002 7:19 am

You need to explicitly set__rr.filterUsage =0____to run the report using the saved filter. The default if not set is to show all records.____Kathleen__R&R Support

WP_(Guest)

====> RE: Unable to run in Report Viewer

Post by WP_(Guest) » Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:36 am

The reports are working fine now. Thank you, you^ve been a great help.____WP.