Visual FoxPro 6.0

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
Bob_Powell_(Guest)

Visual FoxPro 6.0

Post by Bob_Powell_(Guest) » Thu Apr 12, 2001 10:53 am

I use R&R runtime libraries from a VFP 6.0 application. The client wants to be able to send some reports via Email through my application. Do you have any samples in VFP or VB as to how to best accomplish this?____Thanks,__Bob

wayne_dooley_(Guest)

=> RE: Visual FoxPro 6.0

Post by wayne_dooley_(Guest) » Fri Apr 12, 2002 2:00 pm

>I use R&R runtime libraries from a VFP 6.0 application. The __>client wants to be able to send some reports via Email __>through my application. Do you have any samples in VFP or __>VB as to how to best accomplish this? __>__>Thanks, __>Bob ____One approach is to output the report to RTF, then attach it to an email message. The below would work, assuming you have the Outlook email client installed. Note that if you have Outlook 2000 or newer with SP2 installed, MS has added security that will put up warning windows every time the CreateObject() is used. In that case you would need some other email tool, such as Mabry, but the below is free if you already have Outlook. Good luck____This.oleRR.ReportName = "myreport.rrw"__This.oleRR.Destination = 7_&& RTF file__This.oleRR.PrintFileName = "myreport.rtf"__This.oleRR.Action = 1____oleApp = CREATEOBJECT("Outlook.Application")__ns = oleApp.GetNameSpace("MAPI")__newmail = oleApp.CreateItem(0)__newmail.Subject = ^Send R&R report via Outlook^__newmail.Recipients.Add("Doe, John")__NewMail.Body = "This is the message body"__Newmail.Attachments.Add("myfile.rtf")__NewMail.Send__RELEASE oleApp__