Web-Server RR Runtime + PDF viewer

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
Nick

Web-Server RR Runtime + PDF viewer

Post by Nick » Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:25 pm

Does anyone have sample ASP or JSP code that would run an RR runtime (RRWRUN or RSWRUN) on a web server that would deliver the report output as a PDF file and then use the Adobe PDF Viewer in the browser of choice (IE or Netscape) to either view/print or save?____The current RR design that uses a print driver to create the PDF file is excellent - but I would just like to run the RR runtime process from the browser with the RR runtime staying on the server - rather than being installed on the workstation. It would also give more output options to the enduser as the Adobe PDF Viewer is an excellent reliable product. I want to avoid ActiveX as that locks you into only the IE browser and my needs are to use both IE and Netscape browsers.____Does this sound like a good idea?__If so - tell Liveware they should develop it (and buy more Liveware products so they can do it).____In the meantime - if anyone has some sample ASP or JSP code that would get me started - I am new at web-based applications. Thanks.__