quickbooks

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
bobarnett

quickbooks

Post by bobarnett » Sun May 27, 2001 10:05 am

I have been a long-time user of R&R (since 1989) in conjunction with FoxPro databases. I recently upgraded to R&R 9.0 and I am now wondering if there is any way of implementing R&R with Intuit^s Quickbooks which I also use. __I don^t see any way to export the transaction data from Quickbooks to either a DBF or DBC format which are the only two selections available in the R&R menu of databases to use.

DLevin

=> RE: quickbooks

Post by DLevin » Thu Jun 07, 2001 5:19 pm

A company in the UK has an ODBC driver to read Quickbooks data. It think it^s fairly pricy, for most Quickbooks users, but if you have the need for custom reporting, virtually any price would be worth it.____With the ODBC driver, R&R SQL V9 would allow you to build reports directly from the Quickbooks data files. If Quickbooks has some other data export format to a format an existing ODBC driver can read, such as Excel or Access, then you can do that extra step and use R&R SQL as is.____It^s a shame that Quickbooks doesn^t have an DBF option, since xBase V9 allows index definition on the fly to join the tables.____Dan Levin__President

kfleming

==> RE: quickbooks

Post by kfleming » Wed Dec 12, 2001 2:16 pm

Quickbooks does provide a developer SDK so that anyone who wishes can write a Quickbooks data interface program.____For more on this go to:__http://developer.intuit.com/downloads/quickbooks/sdk/____So if there are any developers out there who would like to explore this SDK, there is very likely a market for an application that would interface quickbooks and R&R.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Randallpruts

==> RE: quickbooks

Post by Randallpruts » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:07 pm

Hi Daniel,____>> It think it^s fairly pricy, for most Quickbooks users, but if you have the need for custom reporting, virtually any price would be worth it. <<____Strong claim.____> For a number of obvious reasons, Liveware does not like the idea that developers would choose not to use R&R for reporting due to dynamic list limitations. <____Perhaps there are other reasons, less obvious. <g>____Derek__