Can^t get RattleRR to work

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
HowardH

Can^t get RattleRR to work

Post by HowardH » Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:31 am

I installed Rattle per the directions (I think). When I run the ASP to show a test file, I get the ActiveX ^frame^ but nothing inside it.____I am using the SQL version of RR version 9 on an NT machine.

kfleming

=> RE: Can^t get RattleRR to work

Post by kfleming » Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:41 am

Make sure that the data source that you are using for the report is defined as a SYSTEM data source rather than a USER data source.__It needs to be a SYSTEM data source since the RattleRR user is an anonymous user account.____Kathleen__R&R Support

GeraldBax

==> RE: Can^t get RattleRR to work

Post by GeraldBax » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:06 am

I^m having not only the same problems. And even worst. It gave me __dllhost.exe - Application Error. The instruction at "0x77fcd9b1" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The Memory could not be "written".____I follow exactly the step in the sameple ASP file, and confirm that my ODBC connection is working fine. But when I launch the ASP page on IE6.0, I get this error.____It is running on a Windows 2000 Server, IIS 5.0, SQL 2000, SQL version of RR version 9 as well.

kfleming

===> RE: Can^t get RattleRR to work

Post by kfleming » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:05 pm

Things to check:__-Make sure that you are using a System data source.__-Since the web user comes in as an anonymous account, make sure that system privileges are set so that RSWRUN.EXE can be executed.__-Try renaming the file CDINTF.DLL that is in the R&R program directory.__-In the report designer, create a report and export the results to an ActiveX PDI file and also create the corresponding HTML container file. Then try launching the HTML from the browser and see if you are prompted to download the CAB file and then if you can view the report.______Kathleen__R&R Support

agalewski

====> RE: Can^t get RattleRR to work

Post by agalewski » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:40 am

When I launched a report in the report viewer, I also got a "memory could not be read" error. To get rid of the memory error, I renamed the file CDINTF.DLL that was in the R&R program directory. After I renamed the file the memory error went away. However, after I renamed that file I was unable to export reports in the R&R SQL version Report Designer to PDF. Is there a way to stop the memory error and also be able to export reports to pdf within the report designer?__Ali

kfleming

=====> RE: Can^t get RattleRR to work

Post by kfleming » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:53 pm

If the file is not there then it is true you cannot export to PDF.__But if the presence of it causes a crash, then there is no alternative.____Kathleen__R&R Support