v9 XBase Mem Ref Error Save

Over the years we've worked with or supplied a variety of utilities. As questions about RattleRR, RapidRunner, PDFeXPLODE, pdfEburst, converter, librarian, data dictionary, Amyuni, etc.
laurengr

v9 XBase Mem Ref Error Save

Post by laurengr » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:32 pm

Report Designer 9.0.009 XBase Ed. on XP Pro. Program repeatedly crashes when exiting/saving files & sometimes while just sitting at the Create Report screen. Tried editing the rrw.ini file to set PDFDRIVER=0 and LIBRARIAN=OFF in the defaults section. Verified that all the service Pack update files were present & yet the problem persists.____rrw.ini file is located in the C:winxp directory____Gets MS error msg pointing to rrw.exe & then a memory reference error. & I can create the same error if I go into the Rapid Runner module.____Any help would be appreciated!

kfleming

=> RE: v9 XBase Mem Ref Error Save

Post by kfleming » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:24 am

PDFDriver=0 was added post-V9.____For V9 you will need to rename or delete the file CDINTF.DLL to disable the PDF printer driver.____Kathleen__R&R Support

laurengr

==> RE: v9 XBase Mem Ref Error Save

Post by laurengr » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:21 am

I renamed the cdintf.dll file to cdintf.old & rebooted the pc & it recreated the original cdintf.dll. I believe this is some type of self-healing thing that windows does to restore corrupted or deleted dll^s. Is there something else I should do? The exact same problems are still happening as described before.__thnx!

kfleming

===> RE: v9 XBase Mem Ref Error Save

Post by kfleming » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:12 pm

That is strange. Do you have any other application that uses the Amyuni PDF driver? Can you delete CDINTF.DLL or alternatively delete it.____Kathleen__R&R Support

laurengr

====> RE: v9 XBase Mem Ref Error Save

Post by laurengr » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:13 pm

Not that I am aware of. I did completely removed Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.1 on the chance that it may have caused a problem, but the problem still occurred at that point. I also checked the dll cache & did not find the cdintf.dll located there. When I ran cdintf.dll /unregserver to try to unregister the dll, I received a message that it couldn^t locate the file. This error always occurs when closing the app or trying to save a file. And it immediately pops up the memory reference error msg too.__

laurengr

====> RE: v9 XBase Mem Ref Error Save

Post by laurengr » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:14 pm

I just installed the software on a plain XP Pro build & received the same error. And I did learn that they were using this on W2K elsewhere in the bank. Is there a different version for W2k & XP?__thnx!

kfleming

=====> RE: v9 XBase Mem Ref Error Save

Post by kfleming » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:42 am

There is not a separate version for XP and 2000.__Again, a search and delete for the file CDINTF.DLL should resolve this.____Kathleen__R&R Support

laurengr

======> RE: v9 XBase Mem Ref Error Save

Post by laurengr » Tue May 03, 2005 7:41 am

Thank you for your help. We found that this error was also happening after installation from the original media. It was discovered that if we removed the cdintf.dll file prior to creating our installation package, that the system has no need to/way to & does not recreate the file. Apparently, if you install the software and then try to delete the file, the system^s self-healing recovery process will recreate the dll, even after it^s removed from the dll cache. The key seems to be to get that file out of there prior to any system installation. Thanks again.