RRWRUN.EXE has enountered a problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Eddie_Marshall

RRWRUN.EXE has enountered a problem

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:05 am

I have a user who is utiliing the RRWRUN.EXE to run reports from our application. When the printer dialog is displayed they do the workaround of clicking on Properties button and clicking OK. They crash with ^R&R XBase Report Viewer has enountered a problem and will be shut down^. We are using the Version 10 runtime files and they have a Windows XP machine with plenty of resources. They are the only user who is getting this. In fact when they log on to another machine with their own network id there is no problem. This means it must be machine specific. Do you have any suggestions as to what I could try?____Thanks.____Eddie Marshall__LandMaster

Eddie_Marshall

=> RRWRUN.EXE has enountered a problem

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:27 am

I have added the line PDFDRIVER=0 to the DEFAULTS section of the RRW.INI file in c:windows.____Is there anything else you can suggest?____Thanks.____Eddie

Eddie_Marshall

==> RRWRUN.EXE has enountered a problem

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:20 am

I have now added the line PRINTER=DEFAULT to the DEFAULTS section of the RRW.INI file. This has made no difference. Are there any more ideas as to how to resolve this?____Thanks.

Eddie_Marshall

===> RRWRUN.EXE has enountered a problem

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:42 am

We have an RRW.INI file in our application directory with Defaults specifying a DATADIR and a LIBDIR. Should I add the additional Defaults to thsi file as well as the one in C:WINDOWS?____Thanks.

Eddie_Marshall

====> RRWRUN.EXE has enountered a problem

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:40 am

I added the line PDFDRIVER=0 to the RRW.INI in our application directory and this seems to have solved the problem.

Jeff_Fried_(Guest)

=====> RRWRUN.EXE has enountered a problem

Post by Jeff_Fried_(Guest) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:38 am

I wonder if, by adding PDF Driver=0, you are taking away the ability to print to a PDF file. Since you solved the error message by adding that statement, do you know if you disabled the PDF capability?____Jeff

kfleming

======> RRWRUN.EXE has enountered a problem

Post by kfleming » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:57 am

Adding PDFDriver=0 does not prevent printing from an installed PDF printer driver. It simply tells R&R not to install its own PDF driver each time R&R starts up.____Kathleen__R&R Support