Runtime error

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Eddie_Marshall

Runtime error

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:01 pm

I have a client who is getting the ^Cannot open database table^ error when running reports in Runtime. Normally this is becuase it cannot locate the files. During testing we have found that some machines exhibit the behaviour whereas others work. We have a bug in our application code that passes the wrong path to the RI_MASTER field in the Runtime control file. However, we also have an RRW.INI file in the application root directory that has the correct data path.____My question is this. What will take priority, the Runtime control file or RRW.INI and in what circumstances? This is most peculiar as I think it should fail everytime. Is there an issue with what versions of R&R you have installed as opposed to runtime? The Runtime files are Version 9 but we have other (full) versions installed on our server.____Thanks for any help you can give.____Eddie Marshall

kfleming

=> RE: Runtime error

Post by kfleming » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:21 am

The control file path should take precedence every time.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Eddie_Marshall

==> RE: Runtime error

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:36 am

This does not appear to be the case in some instances. Do you have any idea why this might be?____Eddie

kfleming

===> RE: Runtime error

Post by kfleming » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 am

No explanation. If a path is set in the control table, that should be the only path that we us and should error if it is not found.____Kathleen__R&R Support