Infinity version 12.5.001

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Dominick_(Guest)

Infinity version 12.5.001

Post by Dominick_(Guest) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:43 am

When I try to view a report to the screen, only the first record will show, the rest are not available (only 1 page as an option, when their should be many others as their are approx. 95 records). Further, if I now try to print the report using the drop down menu I get an error message. If I try to use the print button, it will print the 1st. record only and the printer button is grayed out. I^ve tried all the various combination^s of grouping available, to no avail. You should also be aware, that the report was a converted report from an earlier version, which shows up fine on screen and had no error messages when converted, all calculated fields and data formats etc, are fine. The database is now in Access. Help!! ____Thanks__Dom

rwarden

=> RE: Infinity version 12.5.001

Post by rwarden » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Make sure that your printer dialog is set to print "All" pages.

Dominick_(Guest)

==> RE: Infinity version 12.5.001

Post by Dominick_(Guest) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:27 am

The limit results is set to entire result set. Other than that the program will not give me access to the printer. It is grayed out on the page set-up box. Also, if I try to print using the drop down menu, it gives me an error message that the program has encountered an error, but does not state the error. However, there is also a problem even in preview mode, only the 1st record comes up and only that will print but only if I use the print button.____This is also happening with all my reports. It^s not just unique with one.

kfleming

===> RE: Infinity version 12.5.001

Post by kfleming » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:45 pm

Do you have a default printer?__Are you able to go to File Print and see the print dialog?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Dominick_(Guest)

====> RE: Infinity version 12.5.001

Post by Dominick_(Guest) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:53 am

The program will not let me access the printer. When I go to page set-up the printer button is grayed out. If I use the drop down menu and hit print, I get an error message stating that an error has occurred and the specifics are not stated. Additionally, its only occurring on the converted reports. If I create a new 1 field report from scratch using the same data sets with all the same joins everything is fine. Further, recreating all the converted reports from scratch is not viable as some of the reports can contain 400 separate calculations, and there are 6 of these converted reports.____By the way what would be useful as part of an update would be a global replace calculation function across an entire report (i.e., change all @if to IIF, #and# to .and., etc. Presently one has to modify each calculation, one by one).

kfleming

=====> RE: Infinity version 12.5.001

Post by kfleming » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Try editing your RRW.INI file and add the line:__PRINTER=DEFAULT__to the DEFAULTS section of the file and see if that lets you access the print dialog.____Kathleen__R&R Support