Decimal Separator in R&R 12.5.000

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Michael

Decimal Separator in R&R 12.5.000

Post by Michael » Thu May 14, 2009 10:44 am

Hello Kathleen,____there seems to be a bug regarding the decimal separator, if it is not the ".". ____In Germany we don^t use the period "." as decimal separator but the comma ",". This information is stored in Windows^ locale information. ____When I create a report and enter a query containing literal numbers with decimal places, I cannot use the comma as a decimal separator but must use the period. When I leave the query dialog and reopen it again, all decimal separators I had to enter as periods are displayed as commas. When I edit a value (now showing the comma), I must replace the comma with a period to make R&R accept the value. (Otherwise I get an error telling me that I must enter a single value. Obviously R&R interprets my comma separated number as a list.)____That wouldn^t be a big deal if it only happened in the report designer but the same problem occurs in the runtime module. My end users cannot deal with that kind of irritation. Even if the user does not modify the query stored with the report, he cannot simply press OK if a decimal number is present somewhere in the query. He has to change all commas to periods.____Are there any R&R settings we could change to fix this problem?____Best regards,____Michael__

kfleming

=> Decimal Separator in R&R 12.5.000

Post by kfleming » Fri May 15, 2009 9:04 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-15-09 AT 09:23 AM (EST)]I just was able to reproduce the problem in 12.5. So I went back through all of our previous Windows releases and the problem has always been there rather than being something that we introduced in the latest release.____One way to work around the problem would be create a calculated character field to use in the query so the user could enter a comma separated text value that would interpret the comma as a decimal separator. ____We will add this issue to our list of bugs to be fixed.____Kathleen__R&R Support