Printing certain amount of records

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Linda

Printing certain amount of records

Post by Linda » Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:09 pm

Hi,____I^m a newbie to R&R so please bear with me. I am trying to print a report of my top 25 accounts. I ran the report & sorted it by highest sales amount. I have over 3,000 accounts. My question is, how do I print the first 25 which are my top 25 accounts?____Thanks for any help,____Linda :^(

kfleming

=> Printing certain amount of records

Post by kfleming » Fri Jan 25, 2002 6:11 pm

Create a total field that counts accounts with an accumulation of once per account and a reset at the grand level.__Then create a calculated field with the expression:__TOT<=25__Then use this calculated field as a logical property/print when true for the band lines of the report.____This will show only the top 25.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Linda

==> Printing certain amount of records

Post by Linda » Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:10 pm

Hi Kathleen,____Thanks for your reply. I^m not sure if I understand exactly how to achieve this but I will try. I am very new to this R & R and am not sure how to achieve the results I want. But I did have one more related question - a wrench in the wheel so to speak. Now I^ve been asked to sort this report by Salesman and the top 25 acounts for each salesman. Obviously sorting by salesman is a breeze but trying to get just the top 25 is where I am having difficulty. I did set a query to eliminate all accounts that had a last year $ amt of 0. Would I use the same formula you gave me earlier?____I appreciate any help you can offer,____Thanks again,____Linda

SulfockZoox

===> Printing certain amount of records

Post by SulfockZoox » Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:46 pm

For those who may have the same question here is how I resolved it.____I figured out what I was doing wrong. On the Reset for the total field I created I used Grand Total when in fact it should have been by salesman. This created my report with the top 25 accounts for each salesman. What a relief!____Linda:7