Error on Email Burst

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
M._Henry_(Guest)

=======> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by M._Henry_(Guest) » Wed Jun 06, 2001 7:40 pm

Looking Forward to the fix for this bug with page headers also. I purposely put parts of group headers as page headers to support muli-page reports which are meant for the same person which have helpful group attributes for that person. I then do a page eject on the group footer line. (or reset page number does the same thing also for the group as required for bursting) That way I use one report to make many burstings. I have done this for years on my reports without any problems. ____These report works perfectly when printed or print previewed. It only gets messed up when I use the burst feature and export them through e-mail to an .RTF file. Then it loses track of which page header goes with which person. The detail is never wrong, it always goes into the correct .RTF file for the right person, but sometimes the page header is wrong and prints information for the next person in the list when the report has not even reached that person yet. I too have experienced the group header problem which only prints once and understand perfectly how to fix that one based on Kathleen^s suggestion using a line print logical. ____I am also looking forward to a solution on the e-mail address bursting problem with putting quotes around all valid e-mail addresses first and last names in MS exchange thereby making them invalid addresses. (Example: Smith, John becomes, "Smith"; "John"; ) As other people have described in this forum, I continue to get the exact same e-mail error messages they do in my in-box on every e-mail bursting and this continues to be a problem for me. However, I have an acceptable work around at the moment, because it offers me an opportunity to go to my send folder, and forward the correct .RTF file attachment to the name of the addressee which I know because its right there with "quotes" around them. ____Looking forward to any suggestions I can use to solve these problems. ( Without using a consultant )____I^ve been using R&R since it was published back in the early 80^s with that little pale green spiral bound book and they^ve got great products! I know that these little quirks, (although irritating at the moment), will be solved.____Thanks,__Mike Henry__henrym@sybrondental.com____

Mark_Richter_(Guest)

========> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by Mark_Richter_(Guest) » Fri Jul 27, 2001 11:28 am

>The workaround is to use a logical record band in place of the >group 2 header. It is a bit cumbersome but does work.__>__>__>If you want, I can send you a sample before/after report that >illustrates how to "fix" the problem.__>__>Kathleen__>R&R Support __>__Kathleen,____Can you please send me the "fix" @ mark.richter@snet.net?____I also have the Email bursting problem using Outlook 2000 and Exchange. Is there any fix yet?

kfleming

=========> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by kfleming » Fri Jul 27, 2001 11:58 am

We still don^t have it fixed but now think that we know the source of the problem. It appears that the MAPI address type is not being set correctly.____Once it is fixed, we will let folks know here and will post an update to the web site.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Mark_Richter_(Guest)

==========> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by Mark_Richter_(Guest) » Tue Aug 07, 2001 11:39 am

Kathleen,____>The workaround is to use a logical record band in place of the >group 2 header. It is a bit cumbersome but does work.__>__>__>If you want, I can send you a sample before/after report that >illustrates how to "fix" the problem.______Can you send me this info. mark.richter@snet.net____Thanks...____Mark Richter