RRW 9 SQL - Joins

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Kim_Richards_(Guest)

RRW 9 SQL - Joins

Post by Kim_Richards_(Guest) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:34 am

When designing a report, we had setup a calculated field that was used in a join (in the join from field). The join was working fine, while designing the report then started to receive a message saying that the calc field is no longer tanslatable and that the join must be edited. ____I removed the join and deleted the calc field and recreated it. I then tried to add the join in again and noticed that no calculated fields were being displayed in the From Field drop down list. Is there anything that might cause these fields not to be displayed in the drop down list? ____FYI calc field was 1 and linked to a PK on a table.

Kim_Richards_(Guest)

=> RE: RRW 9 SQL - Joins

Post by Kim_Richards_(Guest) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:49 am

An incorrect join was created which seemed to have caused this to happen. The join was from the PK of a table to the PK of the same table with a different alias. ____I guess due to this join the system then got thrown in a loop and thus no longer displayed the calc fields as a selection in a join.