Using R&R Report Writer

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
kfleming

=> RE: Using R&R Report Writer

Post by kfleming » Thu Mar 29, 2001 10:23 am

Most new users find that they are able to create reports almost immediately.____My biased opinion is that R&R is both easy and fun!____Regards,__Kathleen__R&R Support

Using R&R Report Writer

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 29, 2001 7:03 pm

Is R&R Report Writer software easy to use?

Profix

Post by Profix » Mon Apr 02, 2001 1:49 pm

Yes, the easiest !

Dave_Francis_(Guest)

==> RE: Using R&R Report Writer

Post by Dave_Francis_(Guest) » Wed Apr 04, 2001 5:52 am

Yes, easy and fun. We asked a lot of our Blue Chip users to do some quotes we could put on our exhibition stand. Every one of them said "Great report writer" or words to that effect. Our systems just seem to exist to feed it data. Ho Hum!____Try doing a Scan in Crystal. Which reminds me - can you put Hi and Lo Scan Scope values on the wanted list please. At the moment, the single scan key really slows down some reports.

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

===> RE: Using R&R Report Writer

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Wed Apr 04, 2001 1:24 pm

It^s on our list of things we want to address. Thanks for the suggestion and the interest!

Buddy_Hogan_(Guest)

Post by Buddy_Hogan_(Guest) » Fri Apr 06, 2001 6:00 pm

Actually, the FlexLink indexing will produce exactly the same results as what you are looking for. If you don^t have the index you want to pick just certain records, you can define it and have R&R build it on the fly. This produces the same result.____Record number scopes don^t apply to related tables since R&R is using the index to find the records in the related table. This is not applicable to SQL since the SQL language doesn^t join tables affirmatively. It does Cartesian product and excludes the invalid records. The R&R xBase approach makes much more sense and is completely flexible.

DLevin

===> RE: Using R&R Report Writer

Post by DLevin » Thu Apr 12, 2001 1:00 pm

I have been using R&R xBase since it first appeared on the scene and I developed almost 50 reports for applications using the runtime before I ever went to one of Information Interface Systems^ classes. I have used Crystal Reports and they both have their good and bad points. Having started as a dBase III Plus programmer, I appreciate the ability to create a calculated field in R&R by using the same simple programming logic that is used in dBase. Try creating a calculated field in Crystal.____I highly recommend R&R and have for many years.

tsnyder9185

Post by tsnyder9185 » Thu Apr 19, 2001 3:42 pm

I have been using R&R since version 1 in the late 80^s. It is without a doubt the easiest and most powerful reporting tool around.____Crystal has a much steeper learning curve. Users prefer R&R when given the choice.__