Feedback about demo and pricing info

Ask any questions you have about purchasing R&R ReportWorks. Will it work with my operating system? Will it access my database? Can I convert my old reports?
Andrew_Bokelman

Feedback about demo and pricing info

Post by Andrew_Bokelman » Thu Aug 30, 2001 11:30 am

Almost two weeks ago I filled out the web-based request form for a demo version. Nobody has emailed me. Three days ago I emailed livesales@livewarepub.com asking for some pricing information. I also mentioned no response re: my demo request. I^ve heard nothing back.____

kfleming

=> RE: Feedback about demo and pricing info

Post by kfleming » Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:34 pm

I just emailed the demo info to you.__Sorry for the delay.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Serukon

==> Demo

Post by Serukon » Wed Jan 30, 2002 3:35 pm

Why isn^t an R&R SQL Edition demo available from www.liveware.com? If it is there, it^s well hidden. I^ve used an R&R SQL Edition v8.1 demo before and its functionality was restricted, so why be so protective of the demo download? Liveware isn^t of approach that they have to force a customer contact before they^ll provide a demo are they? The product should be so compelling that such guerrilla tactics aren^t necessary. Where can an R&R SQL Edition v9.0 be obtained from?

kfleming

===> RE: Demo

Post by kfleming » Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:25 am

Since the demo offered only a subset of the full functionality of R&R, we did not find that it was a suitable vehicle to introduce customers to R&R.____We do offer a 30 day money back guarantee on purchase of the full product. That way you get to test drive the real thing.__Yes that does require a financial committment to even take the test drive but we think that it is a more reasonable proposition for both us and our customers.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Serukon

====> RE: Demo

Post by Serukon » Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:24 am

Sorry, but, respectfully, I disagree. Often, it simply isn^t worth the hassle and time involved; I can^t evaluate it quickly and must produce the order and payment, meaning there is a real cost just to evaluate the product (our accounting staff aren^t free). If I had to do that with every piece of software I evaluated, I^d never get anything accomplished and the costs would be prohibative. Personally, I believe it to be a poor marketing decision on Liveware^s part. Often, as a customer, it is simpler just to move on to another product with a more user-friendly marketing philosophy.____Have you ever considered a providing a demo version with full functionality, but with a timed license, say, 30 days. This is a common approach in software marketing. I^ve evaluated software costing thousands of dollars per seat in this manner.____We have a history with R&R (currently running several pre-v8.1 licenses). Maybe I^ll ante-up for a demo, but I^ll definately evaluate others first. It^s unfortunate.

kfleming

=====> RE: Demo

Post by kfleming » Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:10 pm

I believe that Crystal has the same no demo/30 day product return policy as we currently have.__What we found while the demo was in place was that we had thousands of people downloading it and relatively few sales as a direct result of the download. So it looks like there was no enough benefit from the demo to result in an eventual purchase.____I know that you disagree with our philosophy however the bottom line to any software venture is indeed the financial bottom line so we need to take the steps that keep us financial in business.____Kathleen__R&R Support

pdempsey

======> RE: Demo

Post by pdempsey » Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 am

Kathleen,____I agree with the position that fully functional demos are not great sales tools. When someone gets something for free, they won^t give it the time it deserves. This is especially true with programs that require a learning curve, such as a report writer.____We provide a slide show demo and a 30 day money back guarantee. Have done so for 15 years. Works quite well. Casual prospects need not apply.____Pat__

Kafamn

======> RE: Demo

Post by Kafamn » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:31 pm

"I believe that Crystal has the same no demo/30 day product return policy as we currently have."____a demo is not a bad idea. Crystal is now providing a 30 day trial of CR9.____http://www.crystaldecisions.com/products/crystalreports/eval_download.asp__

Marlohify

====> RE: Demo

Post by Marlohify » Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:02 am

>Since the demo offered only a subset of the full __>functionality of R&R, we did not find that it was a suitable __>vehicle to introduce customers to R&R. __>__>We do offer a 30 day money back guarantee on purchase of the __>full product. That way you get to test drive the real __>thing. __>Yes that does require a financial committment to even take __>the test drive but we think that it is a more reasonable __>proposition for both us and our customers. __>__>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __Users should note that the 30 day money back guarantee does not apply if you buy through another vendor. The software is available through other vendors, but the 30 day money back guarantee is not. Liveware will refuse to accept the product back.