R & R

Ask any questions you have about purchasing R&R ReportWorks. Will it work with my operating system? Will it access my database? Can I convert my old reports?
JB_(Guest)

R & R

Post by JB_(Guest) » Fri Mar 30, 2001 4:32 pm

Two questions about R&R:____-can I easily transfer reports designed in vfox into the RR design environment____-what is the process of email a RR report print out i.e. the user is offered the choice via a button____-what overhead is required in a VFOX app with RR reports. Can the reports and engine get compiled into the .EXE so the user does not see that the reports are RR.____-is the code generator still available?____-is the discount good until 4/15?____Hey that is five........

kfleming

=> RE: R & R

Post by kfleming » Sat Mar 31, 2001 4:37 pm

Here are the answers:____1) There is no utility in R&R to convert native Foxpro reports to R&R format.____2) You can email report output as an HTML, RTF, Text, CSV, DBF or WKS just by clicking the send via MAPI button.__For HTML, RTF and Text you can additionally burst the report into sections so that each section would go to a different email recipient.____3)You can call R&R reports from a Fox application and the end user never needs to know that it is R&R behind the scenes.__You do however need to distribute some additional files (both EXE^s and DLL^s) with your fox app in order execute the reports.____4)Code Generator is defunct. Sorry.____5)April 2 is the cutoff date for the discount.____Regards,__Kathleen__R&R Support__

JB_(Guest)

==> RE: R & R

Post by JB_(Guest) » Tue Apr 10, 2001 7:57 am

Does it output report to .pdf?____How much overhead is added when included with program?____Is there a additional cost to distribute report capabilities within executable?

kfleming

===> RE: R & R

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 10, 2001 8:44 am

You can output to PDF.____The overhead that you have to distribute RRWRUN.EXE and some additional DLL^s (about 2 MB).____Runtime is totally free to redistribute.____Kathleen__R&R Support

JB_(Guest)

====> RE: R & R

Post by JB_(Guest) » Tue Apr 10, 2001 12:06 pm

is there a working demo avail?____thanks for all your answers__

kfleming

=====> RE: R & R

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 10, 2001 2:21 pm

There is a demo download form that we ask you to fill out and then we make the demo available to you.____Kathleen__R&R Support