Sell more R&R Upgrades !!!

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
wfm050

Sell more R&R Upgrades !!!

Post by wfm050 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:32 am

A couple of things I get from users of my application that users R&R that would be most helpful;____1. On the toolbar, have two buttons for printing report, one that prints the report then returns to preview, the other that prints the report and closes the report dialog. Currently the only option for printing a report and staying in the report dialog is to print one page at a time which is not acceptable for reports spanning several hundred pages. This seems like it would be an easy enhancement since the report has already accumulated the data, totals, sort order, etc. It would simply print the report and return to showing page 1 (or even better whatever page the user was on when he clicked the "Print and Return To Preview" toolbar button.____2. Easier navigation through the report. Currently a user must click the VCR-style buttons to navigate a report. Again, this is difficult when dealing with large reports. The preview dialog needs the ability to press PgUp/PgDown keys to move one page at a time through the report.____3. A "fit to width" option in the preview. Currently the three views seem to be "whole page" which is many times too small to read, "larger" which is ok but often is not ideal compared to what could be displayed within the window, and "huge" which almost seems too large for practical use. A "fit to width" as the default would make viewing the report much more intuitive to the user.____4. "Find" and "Find Next" buttons on the toolbar that would search the rendered text of the report for a word or phrase and highlight it as the report is scanned bringing up the page in which the text is found making sure that portion of the page is visible within the preview window.______If you added even two of the four, I would be ready to buy the current "Step-up to ver. 10" today. The features in the step-up while nice do not meet my needs as the suggestions above would.____Thanks for your consideration,____Bill__

kfleming

=> RE: Sell more R&R Upgrades !!!

Post by kfleming » Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:36 am

All good suggestions but they would not likely happen until Version 11.__We are sometimes caught in the spiral that we need users to purchase so we have the financial resources to do enhancements but without the enhancements, users like you will not purchase.______Kathleen__R&R Support

wfm050

==> RE: Sell more R&R Upgrades !!!

Post by wfm050 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:40 am

Build it, they will come...____I suggest that your company do a thorough survey taking the many suggestions/enhancements and rank them by popularity (how many times they have been asked for). Also, put them in categories of difficulty and ask each user to vote on each one by giving them a number like 10 being most important, 1 being least important.____Then have a section where you ask each user if he/she would be willing to pay an upgrade ($100.00 or whatever) to see the enhancements added.____This way your company can get a commitment from your userbase as to whether the R&D time is worth it for you.____I am willing to pay for enhancements that can be passed along to my users. This makes everyone happy. I am even willing to pay for some features I will not use just to know if keeps your company strong since my success partly revolves around the ongoing success of R&R. I guess a good balance would be to see some of my requests along with those of others being implemented. I cannot however pay for upgrades that do not have any of the features I am looking for.____If you can check with your management/development and let me know if some/all of my requests can be met in version 11 along with an approximate release date, I will go ahead and purchase 10+. Write me offline with your findings to bill(dot)mitchell@jjindustries(dot)com____Thanks,____Bill__

Tom_Mills

===> RE: Sell more R&R Upgrades !!!

Post by Tom_Mills » Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:47 am

I agree completely with Bill. I desperately want R&R to succeed. And I^ve purchased personal versions and work versions up to and including V10. ____But every time a version comes out it is a total mystery what we^ll see. Liveware is not (as far as I can tell) involving the customer in what we^ll get. And what we normally get is (in my mind) things I care very little about while things I do want to see are not there. ____My site is paying a programmer $5,000 to see if we can come up with a work-around to something I^ve wanted to see in R&R for a lont time. I would have much rather paid Liveware!! Even as an add-on!!

kfleming

====> RE: Sell more R&R Upgrades !!!

Post by kfleming » Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:25 pm

What is the object of the $5000 programming task?__And what enhancements make your personal top 5 list?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Tom_Mills

=====> RE: Sell more R&R Upgrades !!!

Post by Tom_Mills » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:17 pm

The ability to have prompted, pull down lists for choices for parameters.____The point however is involve your customers !!!! We like R&R !! We want to see it better !!

Tom_Mills

======> RE: Sell more R&R Upgrades !!!

Post by Tom_Mills » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:32 pm

So, is there an R&R 10.5 or 11.0 on the horizon?

Robert_Seidman

=======> RE: Sell more R&R Upgrades !!!

Post by Robert_Seidman » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:53 pm

I^d sure like to see "find and replace" capabilities in formulae and totals.____RHS

kfleming

=======> RE: Sell more R&R Upgrades !!!

Post by kfleming » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:24 am

Features and timetable for the next release are still to be determined but we are always working towards assembling the next version.____Kathleen__R&R Support

castrass

========> RE: Sell more R&R Upgrades !!!

Post by castrass » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:58 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-05 AT 03:58 PM (EST)]I wanted to address some of the concerns of wfm050, Tom Mills and the others about our desire / ability to listen to our customers for things they want or need R&R to do.____When we took over the product, we came up with a list of 40 or so items that we wanted to see. As we^ve planned each new version, this list has been a key component of what we are going to work on. However, since this forum was started, we^ve gone through every post prior to starting work on a new version.____The point is to look for ideas that we hadn^t thought of and could be desireable for the R&R community at large. We did this for 9.0, 10 and 11.____As a show of good faith to our most loyal customers, I^m going to go out on a limb here and point to an internal Word document that describes the complete universe of change ideas we^ve received up through the beginning of V11 programming. If you look through it, you^ll see that we^ve paid specific attention to many of you, crediting with the idea on the list where appropriate.____http://146.145.218.133:18477/rr-dev/rr10xfeatures2004.doc____I hope that this helps to assure you that we are listening to what you say and that we don^t only go by our own sense of what we want you to have.____Chris Strasser