Advantage Database ( ADS ) Survey

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
Adam_Cooper_(Guest)

Advantage Database ( ADS ) Survey

Post by Adam_Cooper_(Guest) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:21 am

To whom it may concern:____It would be interesting to know how many R&R report designers would like native ADS communications support as a number 1 priority in future R&R releases. I am talking here not just of ADT tables, but also DBF tables that use ADS. I feel sure that if R&R used the ADS driver to query our databases, many benefits would be enjoyed. It has been on the cards for R&R since 2001 but no progression has been made.____If you feel ADS support for R&R is a very high priority to you, then please register your interest here to illustrate to the R&R development team, the importance of this required upgrade. Also whether you would be happy to pay extra for this extended functionality?____Thanks for your interest.____Regards,____Adam Cooper__LIMS Systems Manager____ILS Ltd.__Derby, UK.

Alan_Wilson_(Guest)

=> RE: Advantage Database ( ADS )

Post by Alan_Wilson_(Guest) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:51 pm

We would be very interested in this functionality and willing to help pay for it.____Alan Wilson__Acme-McCrary Corp____

Cliff_Wiernik

==> RE: Advantage Database ( ADS )

Post by Cliff_Wiernik » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:22 pm

We would also be interest in this feature and would consider funding assistance if done properly. ____Specifically. ____1. Address both DBF and ADS files__2. Still access DBF via this format, not SQL __3. Provide the ability to access via SQL where it works properly, not requiring ODBC usage, which is slower.__4. Ability to utilize ADS DBF encrypted files. Data security, especially if you have private customer information like SSN and bank account numbers. We cannot lock down access to the files via ADS because the report writer needs to see the files.__5. Connect to ADS in native mode through the database server so we can remove user rights access to the directory and protect our data.__6. ADT file access ability, if desired.

Paul

=> RE: Advantage Database ( ADS )

Post by Paul » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:45 am

I would be interested, we are using ADS since many years, it is a great product.

Ignatius_Dharma_(Guest)

==> RE: Advantage Database ( ADS )

Post by Ignatius_Dharma_(Guest) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:18 pm

I have been waiting for R&R to support ADS ADT file format for years and would purchase an upgrade if this feature is added to R&R._____Ignatius Dharma_

Taavi_Remmelg_(Guest)

===> RE: Advantage Database ( ADS )

Post by Taavi_Remmelg_(Guest) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:35 pm

>I have been waiting for R&R to support ADS ADT file format __>for years and would purchase an upgrade if this feature is __>added to R&R. ____Me too. We are specially missing ADS encryption functionality, which we cannotuse with R&R at the moment...____Taavi.__

Sergio_(Guest)

====> RE: Advantage Database ( ADS )

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:04 am

We are also very interested in having R&R work with ADS in native mode.__Ciao..__S

Bruce

=====> RE: Advantage Database ( ADS )

Post by Bruce » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:26 am

Please count me in also - ADT > R&R would be vital!____Best regards,____Bruce__