"Memory could not be read" error

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Eddie_Marshall

"Memory could not be read" error

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:28 pm

I have a client who when they exit R&R they get the following Application Error in RRW.EXE:____^ The instruction at "0x1000a810" referenced at memory "0x000001d4". The memory could not be "read" ^____They are running Verion 9.0009 and I have alreday deleted the CDINTF.DLL file to stop the PDF driver loading but the issue is still occurring. They accessing it via Citrix and I wondered if there was an issue reading (and writing back to) RRW.INI in the local C:WINDOWS directory. I have also inserted the line PDFDRIVER=0 into the server copy of the RRW.INI file.____They would like a step by step of the processes that the application goes through when it is launched and when it exits so that their IT support can work round the issue with network permissions etc to stop the error from occurring.____Thank you in advance.____Eddie Marshall____

kfleming

=> Error on exit

Post by kfleming » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:30 pm

Is there possibly more than one copy of CDINTF.DLL?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Eddie_Marshall

==> RE: Error on exit

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:14 pm

I^m fairly sure there isn^t another copy of CDINTF.DLL in the R&R program directory on the server. Is that the most likely cause, as the only other place it could be is in a old directory somewhere else. I will check this but would rights to RRW.INI possible be a factor?____Thanks.____Eddie

kfleming

===> RE: Error on exit

Post by kfleming » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Only read permissions would be required on the INI.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Hire Essay Writer

====> RE: Error on exit

Post by Hire Essay Writer » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:54 am

I have a mutal client that is also getting this message but its not when they exit. When they try to run a specific report it produces this error and then R&R closes. They are on R&R version 12.____I have asked them to add PDFDRIVER=0 into the RSW.ini file but this has made no difference.____You mention deleting the CDINTF.DLL - What does it do? Should I also try this?__