OLD version problems

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Chris_(Guest)

OLD version problems

Post by Chris_(Guest) » Tue Apr 03, 2001 4:44 am

Hello, __Maybe someone can help with this problem__I have recently upgraded a system from R&R v5 to R&R v6.__The problem is that when I run custom reports they ignore the date range inputted by the user and run the report for all data in the system.__I know this is a few years out of date but hopefully one of you may have used the system back then!!__Thanks in advance__Chris

kfleming

=> RE: OLD version problems

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 03, 2001 8:06 am

How are you passing the date range to the runtime report?__Do you see the same problem when you open the report in RR.EXE?____There is nothing that changed between V5 and V6 that should cause this specific behavior.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

=> RE: OLD version problems

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Tue Apr 03, 2001 2:05 pm

Are you using version 6 for windows? I used that quite extensively for some time and noticed that dates in {} didn^t always work properly in the report. I wound up using CTOD() in calculations and specifying a plain-text date in all applications.

Dave_Francis_(Guest)

==> RE: OLD version problems

Post by Dave_Francis_(Guest) » Wed Apr 04, 2001 5:38 am

Don^t forget the 2000 problem with most old RR versions - always force the user to enter the full century. __BTW - I still have date calculations that fail in 8.1, sometimes depending on the date value.

kfleming

===> RE: OLD version problems

Post by kfleming » Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:40 am

Using the shortcut of entering only 2 digits for a 4 digit year has been a bad idea all along. We originally allowed it since dBase allowed it. We should have been smarter (like we are now!)____But back in those days, the year 2000 seems like such a long way in the future.____Kathleen __R&R Support

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

===> RE: OLD version problems

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Wed Apr 04, 2001 1:20 pm

I^m interested in finding out what date calcs fail for you in 8.1. Can you post your findings here for review? Thanks!