R&R in Terminal Server Environment

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
David_Marshall_(Guest)

R&R in Terminal Server Environment

Post by David_Marshall_(Guest) » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:33 am

We have a customized R&R client application (Report Helper) that runs on Win2K Professional and needs to be installed while logged in under the specific user profile. It works fine when installed this way.____However, I have installed the application on Terminal Server, but cannot get it to run properly (I get an "ActiveX" error message). Is there a registry setting or installation switch that I can use when installing on Terminal Server to overcome this problem. Otherwise, I would have to enable "Admin" rights to all my TermServ users and walk them through installing the app - and that is obviously not a good solution.____Any ideas/suggestions?

kfleming

=> R&R in Terminal Server Environment

Post by kfleming » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:37 pm

What is the exact error message that you are seeing?____Kathleen__R&R Support

David_Marshall_(Guest)

==> RE: R&R in TermServer Environment

Post by David_Marshall_(Guest) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:36 pm

The error is:__429: activex component can^t create object____The error dialog box references the Report Helper executable.

kfleming

===> RE: R&R in TermServer Environment

Post by kfleming » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:33 am

Afraid that I do not know enough to troubleshoot since the problem references your app rather than R&R specifically.____Can you successfully run RRWRUN.EXE and select a report?____Kathleen__R&R Support

pdempsey

===> RE: R&R in TermServer Environment

Post by pdempsey » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:14 pm

There are all kinds of rights and permission settings in terminal server, especially TS 2003. I^d start by seeing if logging on as administrator makes the problem go away. If so, then figure out what rights you need to give for the user, group, and/or folders.____-Pat-__-Pat-