RI_FILTER string length

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
John_Lewis_(Guest)

RI_FILTER string length

Post by John_Lewis_(Guest) » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:25 am

Hi Kathleen,____Someone in the Visual Object newsgroup reported that R&R would not run if the field length of RI_Filter field was greater than 254 chars. I have tested this claim and indeed he is correct. The RRUNOUT table reports an invalid entry RI_ALIAS1, which is actually blank. I can not understand why it mentions RI_ALIAS1 ____It states in the Developing Applications pdf that the max length of RI_Filter 1s 1024 chars, so please can you explain wht R&R will not run with any field length > 254____Best regards____John Lewis

kfleming

=> RE: RI_FILTER string length

Post by kfleming » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:33 pm

Try adding the line:__CharFldWidthSize=2____to the Defaults section of RRW.INI______Kathleen__R&R Support

John_Lewis_(Guest)

==> RE: RI_FILTER string length

Post by John_Lewis_(Guest) » Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:38 am

Well done Kathleen you really are an asset to Liveware.____If I might ask, why two options, is it for backward compatibility or what. I did read the rrw.ini section but could not find an explanation regarding, CharFldWidthSize=2____Thanks again and regards____John