Web-Based Reporting via ASP

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Dave_(Guest)

Web-Based Reporting via ASP

Post by Dave_(Guest) » Mon Jul 16, 2001 11:58 pm

I browsed through your web-based reporting white paper that described using CGI programs written in VB to run R&R reports over the net... but is there any way to do the same thing using just active server pages without the CGI/VB coding?

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

=> RE: Web-Based Reporting via ASP

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Tue Jul 17, 2001 9:12 am

The object model of R&R doesn^t support being invoked within ASP. We^re going to investigate the resources needed to make the product work as you^ve indicated.

Steve_B_(Guest)

==> RE: Web-Based Reporting via ASP

Post by Steve_B_(Guest) » Fri Aug 03, 2001 3:47 pm

I am calling the R&R control from an ASP to produce a .pdi file.__It produces the .pdi file OK, and I can look at it in the R&R viewer control, but my problem is that after the ASP produces the .pdi, it "hangs up", i.e., the progress bar stops moving and the time-out clock stays up. In this condition the ASP doesn^t accept any mouse clicks or key-strokes but I can close it from the Task Manager (I^m running NT 4.0 workstation with PWS).

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

===> RE: Web-Based Reporting via ASP

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Wed Aug 15, 2001 8:42 am

We^ve started work on revamping the OCX to be more well-behaved. However, I^d like to find out more details from you as to what your application looks like.