Printing on Windows 2003 server

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Dan_Farnham

=====> RE: Printing on Windows 2003 server

Post by Dan_Farnham » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:41 pm

I found the solution for my problem, and maybe it will solve yours.__You need to edit your "Local Computer Policy". To do this, you have to add the snap-in for group policies via the MMC console. __Run MMC, then on the file menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in. then click Add. Under the Available Stand-aline Snap-ins, click on Group Policy, and then click Add.____Tnen close up all but the MMC Console with the Group Policy open. Navigate to Local Computer Policy/Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Printers/Disallow installation of printers using kernel-mode drivers. Disable this and you should be in business.______

kfleming

=======> RE: Printing on Windows 2003 server

Post by kfleming » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:29 am

I am also having the same problem. ____I cannot run the install program to install R&R PDF Export as a printer. Have you been able to do this? I keep getting the error code number 1930 with the error message (that is cut off) of "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled or"____