Fixed lines

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Klaus_Schuster_(Guest)

Fixed lines

Post by Klaus_Schuster_(Guest) » Mon May 09, 2005 2:32 am

Hi folks,____how can i fix the position of a line in R&R 9? I wanna suppress empty lines in the adress-block (empty company name, etc.) By doing this, all the following lines moves one or more lines upward. How can I handle this?____Tanks__Klaus

kfleming

=> RE: Fixed lines

Post by kfleming » Mon May 09, 2005 7:36 am

Instead of using compress record/group lines, you could turn that option off and then use calculated fields to control what prints on each line:__For example:__NAME__ADDRESS1__ADDRESS2__CITY__NEXT LINE____would have calculated fields for the address2 and city lines.__IIF(ADDRESS2,ADDRESS2,CITY)__IIF(ADDRESS2,CITY,"")____This would allow the NEXT LINE to always appear on line 5.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Klaus_Schuster_(Guest)

==> RE: Fixed lines

Post by Klaus_Schuster_(Guest) » Mon May 09, 2005 10:13 am

For one single line to suppress it would work fine...but for some of them it´s hard to handle. Is there no way to say `print this line allways at position x`?____Nevertheless thanks for your fast reply!____Klaus

kfleming

===> RE: Fixed lines

Post by kfleming » Mon May 09, 2005 3:47 pm

There is not a way to specify a position relative to the page position.____Kathleen__R&R Support