Error Retrieving Printer Info

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Matt_Pennell_(Guest)

===> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by Matt_Pennell_(Guest) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:33 am

Kathleen,____The RI_WPTR is already set to Default.

kfleming

====> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by kfleming » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:31 pm

If you set the DataDir in the INI and then manually select the report using RRWRUN.EXE do you still see the error? If so, try adding the lines:__PDFDRIVER=0__LIBRARIAN=OFF__Dictionary=0____to the DEFAULTS section of the INI and see if that helps at all.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Matt_Pennell_(Guest)

=====> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by Matt_Pennell_(Guest) » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:36 pm

Kathleen,____I^m afraid I don^t understand where you want me to set the DataDir in the INI file. There is no DataDir setting in the INI file. __If you want me to create it, where do I create it? Should I make the directory point to the exact report location or just the folder that the report is in?____For example, if the the report (MyReport.RRW) is in a folder called Reports on the root of C:\__Should I make the DataDir point to C:Reports or C:ReportsMyReport.RRW?____Thanks again.

FCX_(Guest)

======> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by FCX_(Guest) » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:08 am

Datadir is the default path for the datas, not for the reports.____In case of this path is not the same that was used when the report was created and not given through the runtime control file master field.__

Matt_Pennell_(Guest)

=====> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by Matt_Pennell_(Guest) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:45 pm

After adding those extra lines to the defaults section of the Rrw.ini file, nothing has changed. We still get the error "R&R XBase: Not Found" when trying to print a report through our own program and even when we try to run a report through the command prompt. Any more ideas?

kfleming

======> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by kfleming » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:50 am

Does the error say simply not Found with no other information? Is this the only client site where you see the problem?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Matt_Pennell_(Guest)

=======> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by Matt_Pennell_(Guest) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:08 am

The error caption says "R&R XBase" and the body of the error says "Not Found". That^s it. It doesn^t say what is not found. This is the only client site we have with this problem. They were able to use previous versions of R&R with no problems like this.

kfleming

========> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by kfleming » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:07 pm

Would it be possible to try a full install of ReportWorks on the client machine to see if that changes anything?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Matt_Pennell_(Guest)

=========> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by Matt_Pennell_(Guest) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:45 pm

I don^t think so. We only have enough licenses for all of the developers in our office. Our clients just use the bare minimum to run/query .rrw reports. None of the other clients we support have a full version so I don^t see why that should make a difference. I don^t know if we would be able to purchase a full license for this client. If that didn^t fix the issue, it would just be waisted money.

kfleming

==========> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by kfleming » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:12 pm

I suggested it as a possible test. You would install one of your existing serial numbers and then remove it once the test was done.__Having a full copy gives us more options to see what is going on.____Kathleen__R&R Support__