Assert((int)font.. error in R&R 12

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
kfleming

=========> RE: Assert((int)font.. error

Post by kfleming » Sat May 10, 2008 8:30 am

How many fonts do you have?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Tom_(Guest)

==========> RE: Assert((int)font.. error

Post by Tom_(Guest) » Mon May 12, 2008 7:18 am

Hi Kathleen,__I am using the default Windows VISTA fonts. There are about 385 of them.

kfleming

===========> RE: Assert((int)font.. error

Post by kfleming » Tue May 13, 2008 7:50 am

Can you email a table that causes this problem.__So far I have not seen this problem on any of my Vista machines.______Kathleen__R&R Support__livesupport@livewarepub.com

Andrew_(Guest)

============> RE: Assert((int)font.. error

Post by Andrew_(Guest) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:05 pm

We are getting the same error messages. After clicking 40 times on "Ignore" it seems to work ok, but having to click 40 times just to view a report is kinda ridiculous.____Using XP, Report Writer installed on the local machine. Data is on the network drive.

Andrew_(Guest)

============> RE: Assert((int)font.. error

Post by Andrew_(Guest) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:05 pm

We are getting the same errors on Windows XP trying to open a DBF file. I was only able to find one file that causes the problems so far, but it^s one of the main ones we need to use. Right now we have to click 40 times on "Ignore" just to open the file up.____We are currently trying to obtain a copy of the table without any of our customer information in it to email to you.__

kfleming

=============> RE: Assert((int)font.. error

Post by kfleming » Tue May 13, 2008 2:07 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-13-08 AT 02:08 PM (EST)]Once we have a file that allows us to reproduce the problem, we will be able to fix it. But I need to be able to create the problem so that the developer can determine the source of the problem.____Can you delete all of the records from the file and pack it and then still see the error when you select the empty file? ____Kathleen__R&R Support

Tom_(Guest)

==============> RE: Assert((int)font.. error

Post by Tom_(Guest) » Wed May 14, 2008 2:05 pm

Kathleen,__I dissociated the table from the database and deleted the data then packed the table and it opened OK. I then added a row of data back in and received the error again. I can send you a copy of the table but am unsure as to how to attach the files using the forum. I emailed you this same response so if you reply I can attach them through my normal email application.____Thank you,__Tom

kfleming

===============> RE: Assert((int)font.. error

Post by kfleming » Thu May 15, 2008 2:07 pm

I now have a table in house that shows the problem but only if I use the wizard. I have sent it along to development to have a look.______Kathleen__R&R Support

kfleming

================> RE: Assert((int)font.. error

Post by kfleming » Thu May 22, 2008 2:56 pm

This problem is now corrected in new RRPD.DLL.__If you are seeing this problem, please email me directly and I will send the updated file out to you.____Kathleen__R&R Support__livesupport@livewarepub.com