Licence required to export in V12.5

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Alan_Hitch

Licence required to export in V12.5

Post by Alan_Hitch » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:04 am

ReportWorks V12.5 viewer seems to require a licence to export but not print!____For many years, I have used V8.1 and have recently upgraded to V12.5. We have 2 users who can write reports (sharing a single licence stored on a shared server) and several users who run reports (viewer option installed, requiring no licence). Now that we have upgraded to V12.5, reports can be run and printed without problem but, if the export option is chosen, ReportWorks viewer seems to require a free licence to work ("no available network user id" message). So if I am using ReportWorks, another user cannot run a report which exports data (OK to print but not export). This doesn^t seem right and certainly wasn^t the case with ReportWriter V8.1.____I know that I can unlock the licence/close ReportWorks but can anyone help avoid this problem without buying another licence? Users have Windows7 installed. ____Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Alan_Hitch

=> RE: Licence required to export

Post by Alan_Hitch » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:20 am

I have renamed rrwlink.ini to .old and this seems to have solved the problem.