R&R and Index file

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Francois_(Guest)

R&R and Index file

Post by Francois_(Guest) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:40 pm

Hi, I^m trying to make a relation between to table. My second table have an index with an UPPER() in it (ex. UPPER(NO_EMPL))____When I link these tables together, i only get the information of the first table but not the second table.____My two table are :____Table A :__No_Empl c(5)__...__Index : Test : UPPER(No_Empl)____Table B :__No_Empl c(5)__...__Index : Test : Upper(No_empl)____It^a a one to one relation between those two tables.____Do you have any idea why my informations do not appear??? and don^t tell me to get rid of the upper... i simply can^t____Thanks in advance if you have an idea.

Francois_(Guest)

=> RE: R&R and Index file

Post by Francois_(Guest) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:41 pm

I forgot, i use R&R version 8.1

Randall_Warden_(Guest)

=> RE: R&R and Index file

Post by Randall_Warden_(Guest) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:55 pm

Create a calculated field in Table 1: Upper(Table_1->No_Empl). Then create the relation from Table 1 using this calculated field to Table 2.

Sylvain_Bujold_(Guest)

==> RE: R&R and Index file

Post by Sylvain_Bujold_(Guest) » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:28 pm

Hi Randall,____I^m a colleague of Frank and we tried to use a calculated field to no avail.____We installed latest fix on R&R (using build 8.1.027) and it didn^t help.____We found a 9 version we^re currently installing to see if it^ll fix it. I^ll post results here.____Any other ideas anyone ?____Regards,__Sylvain Bujold__CIA Quebec