how to choose picture

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
toto_(Guest)

how to choose picture

Post by toto_(Guest) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:40 pm

Any idea how to set condition to select picture ?____for example : iif(true,picture1,picture2)____Thks in advance____Toto

kfleming

=> RE: how to choose picture

Post by kfleming » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:55 am

You can use Insert Picture from field for this and then select the calculated field whose IIF expression returns the path/filename of the desired image files.____Kathleen__R&R Support

toto_(Guest)

==> RE: how to choose picture

Post by toto_(Guest) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:32 am

The result from iif statement is possible for path file name.____Would you please send me some example ?____Toto

ohiopyle

=> RE: how to choose picture

Post by ohiopyle » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:31 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-07 AT 04:31 PM (EST)]Make a calculated field such as:__iif(salesytd>10000,"c:imagespic1.jpg","c:imagespic2.jpg" )____(you can place this field onto your report at this point to make sure it^s working properly before proceeding)____then from the "Insert" menu choose "Picture From Field" ____place the frame for where the picture will be and then choose the calculated field that you built from the popup that will appear next.____(** ps one bug I^ve found, in case you have bigger plans for this wonderful feature is: if you want to export to HTML to generate web catalog type web pages it doesn^t seem to export the associated individual images properly just the default image... soooo disappointing I wanted to cry! Printing is no problem though.)________>Any idea how to set condition to select picture ? __>__>for example : iif(true,picture1,picture2) __>__>Thks in advance __>__>Toto __

Mary_(Guest)

==> RE: how to choose picture

Post by Mary_(Guest) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:39 am

This is a neat idea and solution. When I read this thread I thought of several ways to use this. Thank you all.