Calling RR from commandline

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
margit

Calling RR from commandline

Post by margit » Wed May 23, 2012 9:13 am

Hi,__I have a problem when I try to call RR from command line.__I need to transfer minimum one parameter and does that by using a command file. I^ve tried to use RI_QUERY and RI_FILTER, but can_t get the report to take and use the parameter.____Probably a very simple question, but I can^t see what I^m doing wrong.____Any help would be appreciated.__

cstrasser

=> RE: Calling RR from commandline

Post by cstrasser » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:22 am

Passing in parameters can be tricky. You need a calculated field in the report to match up with it. For instance, say you want to pass in a starting date. You^d create a calculated field in the report:____Name: dStartDate__Expression: CTOD(RIPARAM("StartDate"))____Because external parameters are all text, you have to convert them to the format you want. In this case from Character to Date.____In your external control file, you need to match up a parameter with what^s inside the report:____ri_report=Your_Report.RRW__ri_printer=?__ri_wptr=?__StartDate=?Enter the Start Date____You can put the dStartDate field into your internal query in the report or drop it on the layout.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.