Can not edit (some) R&R Reports

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
DaSe

Can not edit (some) R&R Reports

Post by DaSe » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:43 am

Hello,____Since a few weeks I have problems to open some reports with R&R Xbase v10.0.012.__Other reports with a similar reportdefinition don not give problems.____When I open a selected report, I get a white window and the Task Manager says "Not responded". The only possibility to stop the task is "End Task".____I had it on my old computer (XP SP3), but I have the same problem with the same reports on my new PC (XP SP3) with a new and clean installation of R&R.____I have tried to open the ^problem^-reports at a customers^ site (which has his own R&R installed, same version) and there I don not have the problems.____What can be the origin of this problem ?__And have can I solved this problem ?____Thanks in advance.____Danny____

kfleming

=> RE: Can not edit (some) R&R Reports

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:41 am

When you open a report R&R tries to find the data files in their saved location along with the printer that is saved with the report.__It could be this search that is causing the problem on your machine.____Kathleen__R&R Support

DaSe

==> RE: Can not edit (some) R&R Reports

Post by DaSe » Tue May 19, 2009 4:14 am

The map of the data files was change and when opening the report I got a message and a dialog box to selected the new location.__To avoid problems here, I restored the data files in the original map.____But the problem still occurs.__Probably it is caused by the saved printer.____I think we have a big problem here. Our complete infrastructure is renewed (printers, printservers, workstations, ...). ____- How can I found the printer that is saved with the report ?__- This printer will not exist anymore. What are the possibilities to open our reports ?__- Is there a way to change the saved (non existing) printer to an existing one ?____Thanks in advance.____Danny Serlet__

kfleming

===> RE: Can not edit (some) R&R Reports

Post by kfleming » Tue May 19, 2009 8:22 am

Try adding the line:__PRINTER=DEFAULT____to the DEFAULTS section of your RRW.INI file.____Kathleen__R&R Support

DaSe

====> RE: Can not edit (some) R&R Reports

Post by DaSe » Wed May 20, 2009 3:39 am

I added the PRINTER=DEFAULT to he RRW.INI file__and it seems I can open my reports again.____Thanks for your assistance.____Danny Serlet