Canon Not Printing From Tray 4

We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback for future R&R releasees.
Rick_Franz_(Guest)

Canon Not Printing From Tray 4

Post by Rick_Franz_(Guest) » Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:51 pm

We are testing a Canon Imagerunner 5000 and it will not print from tray 4 when going through Report Writer. All other applications print fine from tray 4. I spoke with tech. support and they informed me that they are aware that this is a problem with some printers, but they do not know which printers. They would not give me any recommendations for a printer in which Report Writer will print properly from tray 4. If I go into Report Writer and open a form, I can set it up to print to tray 1, 2, or 3, save it, and it will print to the tray I specified. If I set it up to print to tray 4 and then save it, it ignores the fact that I set it to go to tray 4 and it reverts back to Auto. I did try setting the driver itself to always go to tray 4, but that still does not work (only in Report Writer). I am looking for a high capacity printer (3,000 sheet input or more) with 4 paper sources that will work with Report Writer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.____thanks,__Rick

Anvqlcoura

=> RE: Canon Not Printing From Tray 4

Post by Anvqlcoura » Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:06 pm

Network? Standalone? OS and version?____We sometimes have problems with our HP LaserJet printing from the wrong tray. It has something to do with Printer Settings overriding the ones you are setting within the app.

kfleming

=> RE: Canon Not Printing From Tray 4

Post by kfleming » Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:11 am

Since the problem is most likely a bug within R&R, the only way to resolve it would be an internal software modification. I do not think that using a different printer driver would improve things in this case.____A Version 10 release of R&R is in the works and hopefully this update will address this problem.____Kathleen__R&R Support